A cleaver is used to chop up raw meat, either as part of the butchery process or to divide it into smaller portions before cooking. The large, heavy design means that it can even cut through bone, making it one of the best knives for raw meat prep.
Given its bulky size, this sort of knife is generally only used on raw meat, rather than cooked food. The broad, flat, heavy surface of cleavers can also come in handy for crushing garlic cloves or ginger against a chopping board.
- Blade width = 73 mm / 2.87″
- Thickness = 2 mm / 0.079″
- Blade Lenght = 188 mm / 7.40″
- Lenght = 324mm / 12.75″
- Handle Lenght = 136 mm / 5.35 “
- Net Weight = 279 g / 9.84 oz